IDEAS Phase II
The IDEAS team is using measurement and evaluation to understand which health innovations deliver the greatest impact on maternal and newborn survival at scale, as well as why and how they work.
We work in Ethiopia, North-Eastern Nigeria and the state of Uttar Pradesh in India. We aim to improve the health and survival of mothers and babies through generating evidence to inform policy and practice.
The main aspects to IDEAS’ work are:
- Research testing the theory of change for improving maternal and newborn healthput forward by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Capacity strengtheningfor measurement, learning and evaluation in Ethiopia, Nigeria and India by answering 4 learning questions.
- Evidence into policy and practice: disseminating findings as robust evidence to improve maternal and newborn survival.
Key project areas
- Maternal and newborn health
- Qualitative case studies (interviews and documentary analysis)
- Northeast Nigeria
- Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal, India
- Prof Joanna Schellenberg
- Elizabeth Allen, Bilal Avan, Della Berhanu, Ana Carneiro, Meenakshi Gautham, Zelee Hill, Krystyna Mackowiecka, Lindsey Mangham-Jefferies, Tanya Marchant, Kate Sabot, Joanna Schellenberg, Keith Tomlin, Nasir Umar, Shirin Voller, Jo Borghi